On Saturday my wee beb turned 1 year old. If you aren’t aware, over at her website I’ve been doing a photo-a-day project. Long ago when I started doing this, I had the idea of stitching all of the photos of Avery’s first year together into a video where each photo is shown for one second so the video would be 366 seconds long.
Unbeknown to Carrie, I thought that watching a six-minute video of a bunch of photos would be much better if it had some musical accompaniment. So I secretly set about writing a song that was exactly 60 beats per minute and had exactly 366 beats in it.
We just happen to be a part of a community that contains some of Seattle’s very best musicians, so without Carrie’s knowledge I secretly reached out to several of them to see if they would be willing to be a part of this project, and the response was very enthusiastic.
Over the month of October various awesome musicians recorded their parts and I mixed it all together, until on Avery’s 1st birthday I surprised Carrie with the results (she was rather thrilled). You can now see the full music video here:
If you like the song, you can download it here:
Here are the song credits:
• Me (Christopher Grant Harris): Chiptunes, lyrics
• Julia Massey of Julia Massey & The Five Finger Discount: Verse 1 vocals & keyboards
• Jared Cortese of The Jesus Rehab: Verse 2 vocals & keyboards
• Chris Blount: Bridge rap lyrics & vocals
• Gary Lappier of Terrapin: Bridge guitars
• Lawrence Duncan of Sphinx Akashaa: Verse 3 vocals & guitar
I hope you likes!